The Military Personnel and Civilian Employee Claims Act is a payment statute by Congress to partially compensate a member for Personal Property that is lost, damaged, or destroyed. It is intended to alleviate some of the hardships of Military life by providing fair compensation for certain types of property losses.

Sometimes moves don’t go as smoothly as you would hope. You are entitled to receive compensation for lost or damaged property, and expenses incurred due to a lapse in service. You are highly encouraged to file claims in these instances.

If you have questions about this process, you can contact any of the following:

  • Your transportation service provider, or TSP
  • Your local transportation office (use the MilitaryINSTALLATIONS tool to find the contact information)
  • Your service branch military claims office (view the Service Branch Moving Assistance section for contact links)
  • PCSmyPOV (International Auto Logistics website)

If any of your household goods are lost, damaged or destroyed during the moving process, you may be entitled to full replacement/repair value of those items. This includes items that have been transported via the following move types:

  • Household goods, or HHG
  • Unaccompanied baggage, or UB
  • Non-temporary storage, or NTS
  • Direct procurement method, or DPM
  • Follow the steps below when filing a claim.

    Step 1: Give a notice of loss/damage within 180 calendar days from delivery date

    Step 2: File a claim within 9 months from delivery date

    Step 3: Work with the TSP to assess your claim

    Step 4: Finalize the settlement or transfer to the MCO


Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Outdated Browser